1. The 17th International Documentary Film Festival of Mexico City will take place from October 13th to 22th, 2022.
2. Each participant may submit one or more films to the Call for Entries.
3. The competitive categories will be distributed by geographic, narrative and thematic criteria, length, and defined as follows:
- International Feature Film.
- Latin American Feature Film.
- Mexican Feature Film.
- International Short Film.
- Mexican Short Film.
- Ibero-American Short Film for Kids.
4. In order to participate, you must fill the on-line submission form.
5. We will only receive on-line screeners through Dropbox, Vimeo, Google Drive or YouTube. Links must be protected with a password and have the download option enabled (mandatory). Links with invalid passwords will not be considered.
6. The submission is free of charge.
7. Under no circumstances will international entries be accepted after 23:59 on May 01st, 2022.
8. Under no circumstances will national entries be accepted after 23:59 on May 17th, 2021.
9. The date of production should be later than January 1st, 2021.
10. The short films should be works of up to 30 minutes including credits. If the film exceeds this length it will be considered as a feature film.
11. We accept films which have been produced, co-produced or distributed, whether or not it has been screened elsewhere.
12. Films must be subtitled in Spanish and/or English language —depending on the original language.
13. For its competitive sections, DocsMX requires Mexico City premiere.
13.1 Films that have been screened online, in any festival or platform, within the Mexican territory before or during the festival will not be considered.
14. All films submitted to the Call for Entries, whether or not selected, will be a part of the festival archive.
15. If the film is selected the programming team will notify the person who submitted the film with instructions and print traffic material requirements, including the editorial information.
16. The Selection Committee includes DocsMX staff and other professionals in the Mexican film industry who follow the quality and creative parameters set by the DocsMX Artistic Direction.
17. If necessary, the Selection Committee may change the film from one section to another, with previous consent.
18. The selected films will have 15 days from the date of notification to send the film and the required editorial materials. If the film does not comply with the deadline it may be disqualified.
19. Once notified the participants will receive further instructions about the required digital formats, physical copies and other materials. If it is a Mexican film, we will notify you with the specific address and schedule to submit the two required Blu-ray copies for special screenings.
20. Films whose original language is English or any other language must be subtitled in Spanish. However, if the distributor or person who submitted the film does not have a subtitled copy in Spanish, DocsMX can provide the service at an additional cost.
21. All the shipping expenses of the material must be covered by the sender. DocsMX is not responsible for any shipping damage.
22. All shipments and parcels must be clearly marked as follows: «With no commercial value, for cultural purposes only».
23. The festival organization assumes that the producers or directors who submit the films through this Call for Entries are the rights holders of the works for exhibition, exempting DocsMX from any civil or penal responsibilities.
24. If selected, the documentaries in post-production (work in progress) will be accepted as long as the producer or the director guarantees the reception of the film within the dates for the Call for Entries.
25. DocsMX does not pay screening fees in its competitive sections, nor cover extra costs, if the film is sent in a format other than the specified festival format.
26. The Jury members will consist of international and national reputable personalities within the audiovisual industry and cultural organizations. The Jury will be announced prior to the festival.
27. The Jury members cannot submit any works to this current Call for Entries.
28. DocsMX staff will not be part of the Jury.
29. The Jury’s decision is final.
30. Submitting the film implies the producer or director agrees to these rules and regulations; and its interpretation and application are solely for the organizers.
- February 02nd | Call for Entries opens.
- May 01st | International deadline.
- May 17th | National deadline.
- October 13th to 22th | 17th DocsMX.
Mexico City, February 2022.