DocsMX will celebrate a new edition, and we will exhibit in different competitive sections, the best of the national and international production.
We accept any documentary genre, open to any matter or thematic, and the submission is completely free of charges.
Thanks a lot for being part of DocsMX.
See you in Mexico City!
1. The 13th International Documentary Film Festival of Mexico City (DocsMX) will take place from October 11th to 20th, 2018.
2. Each participant may submit one or more films to the Call for Entries.
3. The competitive categories will be distributed by narrative and thematic criteria, length, and defined as follow:
4. In order to participate, you must fill in the submission form, available at www.docsmx.org.
4.1 We will only receive online screeners on Vimeo or YouTube, as long as the links are protected with a password and the download option enabled (compulsory).
4.2 Only in very specific cases, DVD copies will be received, please write to [email protected] for any situation related to this matter.
5. The submission is free of charges.
6. The deadline to submit international films is Friday, May 25th, 2018.
6.1 For the Mexican documentaries, both feature and shorts, the deadline is Friday, June 15th.
7. The date of production should be later than January 1th, 2017.
8. We consider Short Films those works up to 30 minutes (credits included). In the case of the films that exceed that length, they will be considered as Feature Films.
9. We accept films produced or co-produced for and by any broadcaster, no matter whether they have been broadcasted or not.
10. Those films in a language different than Spanish or English must be subtitled on any of those languages.
11. DocsMX does not require, neither for the submission, nor for selection, Premier in Mexico. The films could have been exhibited in Mexico prior to the festival.
12. By no means the screeners will be returned. They will be part of the festival archives, where they could be use strictly with cultural purposes at the DocsMX Videotheque, as well as at other events organised by DocsMX, always with prior consent by the right holder.
13. In case the film is selected, the person who submitted the film will be notified with the instructions to participate, as well as with the screening copy details.
14. The Selection Committee will be formed by members of DocsMX, as well as Mexican personalities of the genre, following the quality and creativity parameters, set by the Artistic Direction of the festival.
15. The Selection Committee reserves the right to switch from one section to another any film, if considered convenient, always with a previous notification.
16. The selected films will have 20 days, from the date of notification, to send the screening copy.
16.1 After the notification, all the participants will receive further instructions about the digital formats and necessary materials required for their participation at the festival.
17. If the producing company or the individual that submitted the films does not have a copy on NTSC format, subtitles or both, DocsMX may provide such services.
18. The selected films must send, along the screening copy or by e-mail the following materials:
19. All the expenses generated by the shipping of the materials must be covered by the sender. DocsMX is not responsible for any damage suffered by the materials during the shipment.
20. All shipments and parcels must be clearly marked as follows: «With no commercial value, for cultural purposes only»
21. The festival organisation assumes that the producers or directors that submit the films through this call for entries are the right holders of the works for exhibition, exempting DocsMX of any civil or penal responsibilities.
22. In case of being selected, the documentaries in the stage of post-production (work in progress), will be accepted as long as the producer / director guarantees the reception of the film within the stipulated dates at this Call for Entries. This shall be expressed through a «letter of intent» that the festival will provide at the appropriate moment.
23. DocsMX does not pay screening fees to films in competition.
24. The Jury will be formed by renowned personalities of the audiovisual and culture world. The members of the jury will be announced prior to the festival.
25. No member of the Jury can participate in any of the sections of the festival, under any credit.
26. No member of DocsMX will be part of the Jury.
27. The Jury’s decision is final.
28. The submission means the total acceptance of this rules and regulations, and its interpretation and application are solely for the organisers.
29. For any question, doubt or further information, please write to [email protected], or call (+52 55) 55 10 36 89.
Mexico City, March 2018.