Be part of our Official Selection 2019!
DocsMX, a permanent platform of exhibition, training and creation will host it’s 14th edition of the International Documentary Film Festival of Mexico City. DocsMX will screen the best of Mexican and international production from different competitive categories. The films will compete for a variety of awards chosen by audiences and jury members. We accept all themes and documentary subgenres. Therefore, DocsMX opens the Call for Entries for its 2019 Official Selection.
1. The 14th International Documentary Film Festival of Mexico City (DocsMX) will take place from October 10 th to 19th, 2019.
2. Each participant may submit one or more films to the Call for Entries.
3. The competitive categories will be distributed by narrative and thematic criteria, length, and defined as follow:
4. In order to participate, you must fill the on-line submission form.
5. We will only receive on-line screeners on Vimeo or YouTube, as long as the links are protected with a password and the download option enabled.
6. Only in very specific cases, DVD copies will be received, please write to [email protected] for any situation related to this matter.
7. The submission is free of charges.
8. Under no circumstances will international entries be accepted after 23:59 on May 31th, 2019.
9. Under no circumstances will national entries be accepted after 23:59 on June 21st, 2019.
10. The date of production should be later than January 1st, 2018.
11. The short films we consider should be works of up to 30 minutes including credits. If the film exceeds this length it will be considered as a feature film.
12. We accept films which have been produced, co-produced or distributed.
13. Films must be subtitled in Spanish and/or English language —depending on original language.
14. DocsMX does not require a Mexican premiere. The film could have been screened at other festivals.
15. The screener copies will become a part of the festival archive within the Videotheque. DocsMX will be able to use the copy for cultural purposes as well as at other DocsMX events (always with prior consent).
16. If the film has been selected, the programming team will notify the person who submitted the film with instructions to participate as well as with the screening details.
17. The Selection Committee includes DocsMX staff and other Mexican professionals who follow the quality and creative parameters set by the festival’s Artistic Direction.
18. The Selection Committee may change the film from one section to another, if necessary and always with previous consent.
19. The selected films will have 15 days from the date of notification to send the film.
20. Once notified the participants will receive further instructions about the required digital formats.
21. DocsMX can support with subtitles or NTSC format in the case that the film does not have it.
22. All the shipping expenses of the material must be covered by the sender. DocsMX is not responsible for any shipping damage.
23. All shipments and parcels must be clearly marked as follows: «With no commercial value, for cultural purposes only».
24. The festival organization assumes that the producers or directors who submit the films through this Call for Entries are the rights holders of the works for exhibition, exempting DocsMX from any civil or penal responsibilities.
25. If selected, the documentaries in post-production (work in progress), will be accepted as long as the producer or the director guarantees the reception of the film within the dates for the Call for Entries. This shall be expressed through a «letter of intent» that the festival will provide.
26. DocsMX does not pay screening fees for films in competition.
27. The Jury members will consist of reputable personalities within the industry. The Jury will be announced prior to the festival.
28. The Jury members of the jury cannot submit any works to this current Call for Entries.
29. DocsMX staff will not be part of the Jury.
30. The Jury’s decision is final.
31. Submitting the film implies complete acceptance of these rules and regulations; and its interpretation and application are solely for the organizers.
Mexico City, March 2018.